CMAT 2019 exam is all set to be conducted on 28th January 2019 and by now you must have started looking out for the application forms and eligibility norms. But before moving ahead with the application process, make sure to have a brief idea about the CMAT 2019 exam pattern as without it there will be no base for your preparation journey. If you are planning to sit for the upcoming CMAT exam 2019, then have a look at the officially prescribed exam pattern to know about the- sections/topics, no. of questions, marking scheme, exam duration, and many other important aspects related to the Common Management Admission Test 2019.
In the following article, you will read about all the possible information related to the upcoming CMAT 2019 exam pattern.
About CMAT 2019 Exam
CMAT 2019 exam will be a CBT (Computer-Based Test) where total 100 questions will be asked from the sections-Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation, General Awareness, Language Comprehension, and Logical Reasoning. The exam is conducted each year to help candidates seek admission into the various professional Management courses under the reputed colleges/institutes within India.
CMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Refer to the following table to get the exact idea about the exam’s sections/topics, no. of questions from each section along with total and sectional marking.
|Sections/Topics||Number Of questions||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||100|
Note – The examination has +4 for every correct response and -1 for every incorrect response or multiple selections. Therefore, you must mark your answer strategically and do not go for a random guessing game.
CMAT Exam 2019 – Important Highlights for the Exam
- There is no sectional duration, therefore, you can easily move between all the 4 sections in the given 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- No need to carry a rough paper for calculation as it will be provided by the examination centre itself.
- There are no marks for unanswered questions, therefore leave the question of which you do not know the correct answer.
- No paper other than CMAT 2019 Admit Card is allowed inside the examination centre.
- The exam is moderate in terms of difficulty level. You need to brush up well with the prescribed topics and their detailed syllabus in order to get good overall marks.
Few Tips to prepare for CMAT Exam 2019
- Go through the complete syllabus first and prepare a timetable to study.
- Get your hands on the best selling reference books or good author books for the CMAT exam to clear out the concepts.
- Do not go for rote learning, always sit back, and practice the concepts.
- Practice previous year papers and mock tests as many as possible. As this will give you familiarity with the questions pattern and difficulty.
- Do not study for long hours in a day. Make your own strategy and study schedule.
- Give equal time to all the sections and figure out more time for the weaker section.
- Make your own notes or support material in short form. Make a separate notebook for each section and practice well.
- In the end, do not avoid your health at all. Do practice good sleep and nutritious diet.
Stay tuned with the official website of NTA at www.nta.ac.in as they are now the conducting body for the Common Management Admission test 2019.