The Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test commonly called as GPAT is a National Level Examination and will be conducted by The National Testing Agency (NTA) from 2019, once a year, earlier it was conducted by AICTE i.e. All India Council for Technical Education. The GPAT scores will help the candidates in getting admission into the AICTE approved Institutes and Universities under M.Pharm programmes.
The GPAT 2019 exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, application process and other basic information related to the examination are out now. Candidates who are planning to sit for this examination must read the below article in detail to get the insights of the exam and its related information.
GPAT 2019 Important Dates
Here are the important dates for the upcoming GPAT 2019.
|Registration Starting from||1st November 2018|
|Registration closing on||30th November 2018|
|Admit card to be released on||7th January 2019|
|Examination Date||28th January 2019|
|Result Declaration||10th February 2019|
|All India Merit List||3rd week of February 2019|
GPAT Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants who wish to sit for the examination must refer to the following eligibility criteria released by the officials of NTA:
- The applicants must have a 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy after completing their 10+2.
- The applicants who are in their final year of B.Pharmacy are also eligible to apply for the examination.
- The aspirant must be a citizen of India.
- The students who have done B.Tech in Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology or its equivalent are not eligible to sit for the examination.
- There is no age limit to appear for the examination of GPAT 2019.
Exam Pattern of GPAT 2019
The students must refer to the following exam pattern to give a good boost to their preparation of Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test 2019. The GPAT is conducted in an online mode since 2013 and has the following pattern for 2019 exam.
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours or 180 minutes|
|Total number of questions||125 questions|
|Total marks||500 marks|
|Marking scheme||+4 for every correct selection of choice|
|Negative marking||-1 for any wrong choice or multiple selections|
Note – The paper will consist of the questions from the topics Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy and other important subjects or topics of pharmacy.
Registration of GPAT 2019 Exam
The registration process for the examination is very important since without it no candidate will be able to sit for the examination. The students must refer to the following information and guidelines before filling up the online application:
- The application process for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test 2019 will begin from 1st November 2018 and will end up on 30th November 2018.
- The students will get the application form in an online mode only by visiting the official website of AICTE or NTA.
- The candidates need to be ready with their scanned photographs and signature in a prescribed size and format for the application form.
- The size of the photograph should be ≤ 60Kb and for signature should be ≤ 30Kb.
- The students must fill the correct personal and academic details and must go through the form thoroughly as no correction time will be allowed after the last date.
- The students must take either a printout or a screenshot of the confirmation page generated at the end as a token of proof for future reference.
- The application fee can be paid through two modes only. The students can either use net-banking, credit/debit card or can generate a Challan from the official portal for submitting it to any SBI bank along with cash.
- The application fee for the general and OBC students is 1400/- and for SC/ST/PwD /females is Rs. 700/-
GPAT 2019 Exam Syllabus
The prescribed syllabus is available on the official website of AICTE at aicte-gpat.in in full. The candidates can study the following topics/subjects to get an overview of the examination syllabus:
Physical Chemistry, Physical Pharmacy, Organic chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, dispensing and hospital Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical management, Pharmaceutical engineering, physiology and health education, Anatomy, clinic pharmacy and therapeutics, biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics, pathophysiology, biotechnology, microbiology, biochemistry, pharmaceutical analysis.
GPAT 2019 Admit Card
The students will be able to download the admit card as soon as it gets released on the official website of AICTE-GPAT. The admit card for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test 2019 is expected to be released in the 7th January 2019. The students appearing for the examination must carry the clear print of their admit card as without it no entry will be permissible. Along with an admit card, it is a must to keep a separate legal proof of identity – Aadhar card/ passport/ driving license/ school or college id card. The admit cards can be downloaded from the official website with username and password created at the time of registration process.
GPAT 2019 Results and Scorecards
The results are expected to be released in 10th February 2019 for GPAT 2019. After the results, a GPAT scorecard will be released and the scorecard is valid up to 1 year i.e. 2019-2020. Based on the GPAT scores, the candidates can seek admission under M.Pharm courses offered by AICTE approved colleges.
GPAT Answer Key 2019
- The answer key for GPAT 2019 will be released after the completion of the examination at the official website of NTA – nta.ac.in
- The students must save the answer key to pre-determine the marks and scores by matching their marked preference with the answer key list.
GPAT 2019 Important Topics and Concepts
There are certain topics and portions of the syllabus from where the majority of questions are going to be asked. The GPAT 2019 has certain topics and portions as mentioned below from where students can anticipate the certain type of questions:
- The students can get the questions from amino acid precursors of herbal drugs.
- The questions from the classification of drugs are expected to be asked as well, therefore, students must prepare separate notes on it from KD Tripathi.
- There may be 6-8 questions from spectroscopy, UV, IR, NMR and mass spectrometry.
- Question on receptors is expected this year and students can either prepare it from KD Tripathi or Foye’s Medical Chemistry.
- There may be around 3 to 4 questions from families of the drugs and students can prepare it well from CK Kokate.
- The questions from the schedule of drugs are highly expected as well; therefore, all the schedule of drugs should be properly studied.
- There is going to be an increase in numerical questions and students can expect questions from biopharmaceutics, allegation methods, dose on the basis of body weight or age and depression in freezing point.
Quick Preparation Tips for GPAT 2019 Exam
The students who are going to appear for the examination must seek sheer knowledge regarding the syllabus and exam pattern on a priority basis. It is also important to have a shopping of good author books in which the prescribed and latest syllabus is printed. The students must practice the previous year papers and sample papers. Apart from studying, a run-through revision of the studied topics is a big-time necessity as well. Students must give ample time to revision as it will make the concepts more clear and intact. Apart from studying, students must pay heed to their health and body as well because a good sleep and food deprived body will be unable to fetch the desired outcomes.