The recently-formed National Testing Agency has announced the NEET 2019 exam dates on its official website. As per the official schedule, the registration process for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) will begin from 1st November 2018 and will remain open till 30th November 2018. The exam is scheduled to be conducted on 5th May 2019.
Till 2018, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) was the exam-conducting body for the NEET exam. From 2019 onwards, NTA will conduct the test, declare the results and provide All India Rank (AIR) to the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India to conduct the counselling for fifteen per cent (15%) AIQ (All-India-Quota) Seats.
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a national-level entrance examination organised to offer admission to MBBS and BDS programmes in various medical and dental colleges in India running with the approval of MCI/DCI (Medical Council of India/ Dental Council of India). Every year, more than 12 lakh aspirants take the NEET exam.
The official notice states that NEET will be conducted in pen-and-paper mode only in a single session. Initially, the Human Resource Development Minister, Prakash Javadekar announced via a press conference that the entrance exam will be held in the online mode. However, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has requested to maintain the previous year’s pattern. Thus, the exam will be conducted as per last year’s pattern.
NTA NEET 2019 Important Dates
The exam will be conducted twice in a year – February and May. The notification for the February edition NEET 2019 exam will be released in the first week of October. Let’s check out what other important dates that the candidates must remember.
NTA NEET 2019 May Important Dates –
NTA has released the important dates for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination (NEET) through a public notice. Check out the NEET 2019 schedule here:
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Online application form available||01-November-2018|
|Last date to submit application form||30-November-2018|
|Payment of application fee (last date)||January 2019 (Tentative)|
|Correction window open||February 2019 (Tentative)|
|Availability of admit card||15-April-2019|
|Exam to be commenced||05th-May-2019|
|Release of answer key and OMR sheet||After the exam is over (within a week)|
NTA NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
The NEET exam pattern will remain the same as per the last year. The HRD Ministry has initially decided to keep the exam online and conduct it twice a year. However, at the request of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the HRD Ministry has given its approval for keeping the exam pattern unchanged. There will be 180 questions which are to be answered within the time period of 3 hours. All the questions will be objective-type.
- Mode of Exam: Pen-and-Paper based (offline)
- Question Type: Objective (MCQs)
- Number of Questions: 180 Questions (Physics – 45 questions, Chemistry – 45 questions, Botany – 45 questions and Zoology – 45 questions)
- Duration: 180 minutes
- Language: English, Hindi, Odia, Bengali, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Gujarati, Assamese, Marathi and Urdu.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks for each correct answer
- Negative Marking Scheme: 1 mark deduction for each wrong answer
NTA NEET 2019 Syllabus
Students will find topics from Physics, Biology (Zoology and Botany) and Chemistry subjects in the NTA NEET 2019 syllabus. Want to have a quick look? Here you go!
|Physical world and measurement||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Diversity in Living World|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Equilibrium||Structural Organization in Animals and Plants|
|Electromagnetic Waves||Solid State||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Laws of Motion||Surface Chemistry||Reproduction|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electrochemistry||Cell Structure and Function|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Genetics and Evolution|
|Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism||Hydrogen||Plant Physiology|
|Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation||Hydrocarbons||Human Physiology|
|Electrostatics||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Ecology and Environment|
|Electronic Devices, etc.||Coordination Compounds||Biotechnology and Its Applications, etc.|
|Phenols and Ethers|
|Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc.|
NTA NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to keep a track of the following three important NTA NEET 2019 eligibility criteria. They are –
- Nationality: Indian nationals, NRIs, overseas citizens of India, PIOs (persons of Indian origin) and foreign nationals. Moreover, those who belong to the state of Jammu & Kashmir are eligible for 15% All India Quota. Such students need to provide the domicile certificate of J&K.
- Educational Qualification: 10+2 certificate or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects (compulsory). General candidates must have secured 50% marks, SC/ST category students must possess 40% marks and Persons with Disability need to show 45% marks. (If an applicant is taking the Class 12th exam, he is eligible to take the test)
- Age: The minimum age is 17 years. The upper age limit is 25 years. There is a relaxation of 5 years for OBC/SC/ST candidates.
NTA NEET 2019 Application Process
The NEET 2019 application form will be available on the official website from 1st November 2018. Interested candidates can fill the application forms online. NTA will not accept any application through the offline mode. To fill the form, visit the official website of the National Testing Agency (http://nta.ac.in/medicalexam), follow the ‘Registration’ process, provide important details, upload scanned images, submit and take out the print of the confirmation page.
|Note: The Agency is yet to declare the complete application process on its official website. Stay tuned!|
NTA NEET 2019 Admit Card
NTA will release the admit card for the NEET 2019 exam on 15th April 2019. Candidates can download the admit card from nta.ac.in. In case of any discrepancy, inform the exam-conducting authority.
Follow the steps to download NEET 2019 hall ticket –
- Visit the official website of NTA at nta.ac.in.
- Search for the NEET 2019 admit card link and click it.
- Provide your ‘Registration Number’ ‘DOB’ and ‘Security PIN’. Submit
- The admit card will be displayed.
- Download the same and take a print.
Admit card is a mandatory document; do carry it to the examination hall.
NTA NEET 2019 Result & Counselling
NTA is entrusted with the responsibility of declaring the NEET 2019 result. It will announce the result at its official website on 5th June 2019. Soon after the declaration of result, the counselling process will begin which will be conducted by the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India for the 15% AIQ seats. After that, the vacant seats will be transferred to the respective state authorities.