The UGC NET 2018 exam will be conducted from 18th to 22nd December 2018 and the application process for the same will begin from 1st September 2018. The aspirants before moving ahead with the application and examination process need to follow certain eligibility criteria issued by the exam officials. The NTA UGC NET eligibility criteria will identify the eligible candidates for the exam. The eligibility of the candidate will be judged on the basis of various factors like age limit, education and others.
If you are planning to appear for the NTA UGC NET December 2018 exam then continue reading and know about the latest eligibility conditions prescribed by the officials.
NTA UGC NET December 2018 – Exam Overview
Before moving ahead with the exam, let’s just stop here and look for the complete overview of the National Eligibility Test 2018 here.
|Name of the exam||UGC NET- National Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||NTA-National Testing Agency|
|Exam type||National Level exam|
|Exam paper language||English and Hindi|
|Questions type||Objective based/ MCQ based|
|Mode of the examination||CBT-Computer Based Test from December 2018 session|
|Marking scheme||+2 for every correct response and there is no negative marking.|
NTA UGC NET December Eligibility Criteria 2018
Aspirants who wish to seek the NET 2018 eligibility must refer to the following points.
- Must have completed Masters degree with-
- 55% marks for General Candidates
- 50% marks for SC/ST/OBC/PWD category
- The aspirants who are pursuing masters or are or in their final year of masters are also eligible to apply for the National Eligibility Test Dec 2018.
- Aspirants who have completed their PhD degree and did their masters on or before 19th September 1991 will have 5% relaxation on NET Dec 2018 marks.
- It is necessary for the aspirant to only apply for the subject under NET 2018 Dec exam which they have studied during their Masters or Post Graduation. However, even if they haven’t studied the exact subject, they can go for the subject which is somewhat related.
The aspirants shouldn’t be of more than 30 years of age as on 1st July 2018.
The following upper age relaxations will be provided to the aspirants of unreserved categories and others.
|For SC/ST/OBC/PWD/transgender/Women||Age relaxation of 5 years|
|Experienced candidates with research work in particular field||Age relaxation of 5 years|
|Candidates with LLM degree||Age relaxation of 3 years|
|Candidates who have served armed forces||Age relaxation of 5 years|
Note- The above relaxations are for junior posts, however, there is no upper age limit for the Assistant professor.
Exemption of Candidates for Assistant Professor
The following are the conditions for the candidates who are exempted from the NET 2018 Assistant Professor eligibility.
- The aspirants who have passed CSIR JRF or UGC earlier to 1989 are exempted.
- The aspirants who have cleared SET prior to 1st June 2002 are also exempted.
- The aspirants who have cleared SET after 1st June 2002 will be eligible for the Assistant Professor post but only in their applied state’s institute only.
The aspirants need to have the above-discussed eligibility in order to appear for the NTA NET December 2018 exam. Aspirants must look at the above-discussed eligibility norms before the application process and must fill in their application forms with the right eligibility conditions only. For more updates and information related to NTA UGC NET December eligibility Criteria 2018 and other important exam aspects, keep in touch with the official website of NTA.