The national level entrance exam CMAT (Common Management Admission Test) which was earlier conducted by AICTE i.e. “All India Council for Technical Education” will now be conducted by the NTA. The exam is particularly held to help students get admission under the various management programmes – PGDM, MBA, PGCM, and Executive PGDM. The students with CMAT scores will be able to get good career opportunities in AICTE approved universities and institutions. The result of the CMAT 2021 exam was announced on 9th April 2021.
The complete information regarding the dates, eligibility, pattern and application process for CMAT 2022 exam is mentioned here. If you are looking forward to giving your career a good hike by enrolling in the reputed management college under AICTE, then continue reading the article for information related to the Common Management Admission Test 2021.
CMAT 2022 Overview
|Name of the examination||Common Management Admission Test|
|Category of exam||PG Entrance Exam (National Level)|
|Examination mode||CBT – Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Conducting body||NTA – National Testing Agency|
|The time duration of exam||180 minutes|
|The occurrence of exam||Once in a year|
|Examination purpose||Admission to the AICTE approved 500 B- schools for post-graduation|
|Scorecard validity||Only one year|
CMAT 2022 Important Dates
Here are the official dates for the CMAT 2022:
|CMAT notification 2022||October 2021|
|Application process starting from||November 2021|
|Application process ending on||January 2022|
|Admit card release||January 2022|
|CMAT 2022 examination date||February 2022|
|Issue of the scorecard||March 2022|
CMAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Below points will guide about the eligibility criteria of the CMAT 2022 examination. The students need to strictly match the following criteria to stand eligible at all times:
- The students need to have a 3-year Graduation Degree from the recognized Indian University or Institute. Also, those who are in their final year and waiting for the degree are eligible to apply as well.
- The students who belong to the general category must have 50% marks in their graduation, whereas, the students of SC/ST must have at least 45%.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- There is no prescribed age limit for the Common Management Admission Test 2022.
- The applicants who have done their graduation from Distance/Open University are also eligible to apply.
CMAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The applicants who are enrolling for the CMAT 2022 must refer to the following exam pattern before beginning the application process:
- The CMAT 2022 exam will be held in an online mode and will be of total 3 hours i.e. 180 minutes.
- The question paper will be of 400 marks and will consist of 100 questions in an MCQ based pattern.
- The examination will be asked from the subjects- Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Techniques, General awareness and English.
- The students will be getting +4 marks for every correct choice and -1 for every wrong or multiple choices.
Here is the schedule for the number of questions to be asked with their separate weightage for each subject of the CMAT 2022 exam:
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||100|
CMAT 2022 Syllabus
The students who are looking for a detailed syllabus must know that the officials haven’t released any precise/prescribed syllabus of topics/subjects to be asked in the examination of CMAT 2022. The students need to be well-versed with the subjects – Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Techniques, and Data Interpretation, General Awareness & English from the core. The students can expect the following syllabus in CMAT 2022 exam:
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||Logical Reasoning||General Awareness||English|
|Tabulation, pie chart, bar chart||Analytical reasoning||Literature||English Grammar|
|Partnership||Linear arrangements||Indian constitution||Jumble para|
|Geometry||Statements arguments||Current affairs of national and international economy||Sentence correction|
|Pipe and cisterns||Sequencing||Personalities in news||English usage errors|
|Simple interest and compound interest||Matrix arrangements||Sports news||Paragraph completion|
|Time-speed and distance||Number series||Economics||One-word substitution|
|Probability||Cause and effects||Science in everyday life||Idioms and phrases|
|Allegation and mixtures||Analogy test||Culture, history and politics||Synonyms and antonyms|
|Profit and loss||Blood relationship tests||Trade awareness||Sentence Improvement|
|Permutation and amp. Combinations||Coding and decoding||Geography||Reading comprehension|
|Work and time||Statements and conclusion|
|Quadratic and linear equations||Symbol-based problems|
|Mensuration||Direction and distance test|
|Fractions and Decimals|
|Ratios and proportion|
CMAT Exam 2022 Registration Procedure
The application process for the CMAT exam 2022 will begin from November 2021 and end in January 2021. The process is simply going to be online. The applicants have to fill in their application form for CMAT exam 2022 carefully with correct details and information:
Here are the steps that the students need to follow to fill the application forms correctly:
- The candidates have to open the online application form.
- The form has to be correctly filled with student’s personal or academic details.
- The students can select three cities of their choice for the examination centre.
- The scanned images and signatures have to be attached with the application form.
- The form has to be submitted by paying an application fee.
- The students can either take print or screenshot of the confirmation page for future reference.
Note – There is no guarantee whether the selected test centres will be allotted or not as the selection of slots and venue is only on the first come first serve basis. The students are recommended to fill up their application as soon as it gets released to get their desired test centre.
Application Fee of CMAT 2022
- It is a must for every candidate to pay a required application fee as without it no application will be submitted. For General/OBC students the fee is 1400/- and for SC/ST/PWD/ female is Rs 700/-
- The students can submit the fee either by cash deposit with SBI bank, Debit/Credit card or via net-banking.
Note – The students cannot pay the fee via Demand Draft/Cheque. The fee can be paid in cash at any branch of SBI bank. The students need to generate a Challan from the official portal and deposit it with the cash at the nearby SBI branch.
CMAT 2022 Selection Procedure
After the release of the merit list by different Colleges/Institutes based on the result of the CMAT 2022 the students need to apply for the compatible institute and have to prepare well for the following rounds to ensure their chance of getting selected.
- Group Discussion (GD)
- WAT – Written Ability Test
- Personal Interview
CMAT 2022 Admit Card
The students who successfully fill up their application form by paying the application fee will be getting the admit card for the Common Management Admission Test 2022. The Admit cards are expected to be released in January 2022. The students will be receiving a notification regarding the release of admit cards via their registered Email ID. The candidates must download and print the admit card before January 2022 duly to avoid any last moment rush.
CMAT Answer Key 2022
NTA will release the answer key for CMAT 2022 soon after the exam. The students can download the key by logging in to the portal. The students can even raise an objection if not satisfied with the released key in a stipulated period of time as stated by the officials.
CMAT Results 2022
The result for the CMAT exam 2022 will be published via online mode in March 2022.
The result will be announced as All India Merit-Based and State Merit-Based. The merit list will contain the student’s roll number, rank, and scores of all the candidates who appeared for the examination.
CMAT Exam 2022 Scorecard
Students can download the scorecard via online mode in March 2022. The students will not receive any separate scorecard other than the one available online. The students need to enrol for admission within a year since the scorecard is valid for one year i.e. 2022-2023 only.
Quick Tips for Effective Study
- The students must ensure good health by taking a nutritious diet and sound sleep.
- The students should study the subjects by understanding them rather than learning.
- The practice of mock tests and sample papers is a must to get a good hold on the subjects/topics.
- The students should watch for the trending news or information and must make note of it on a daily basis.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
CMAT 2022 exam will be held in February 2022.
CMAT examination will be conducted through computer-based mode.
Yes, there is a negative marking in CMAT. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Yes, you are eligible for the CMAT exam. Candidates with Bachelor’s degrees in any discipline are eligible for the exam.
The fee for ST category candidates is as follows:
Male – Rs. 1400/- and Female – Rs. 700/-