The National Testing Agency will conduct the AICE – JRF/SRF exam from the year 2019 onwards on behalf of the Indian Council Agricultural Research (ICAR). The exam is conducted for admission to Doctoral programmes in different disciplines of Agriculture and Allied Sciences. Admission is offered only at the colleges accredited to Agricultural Universities under the ICAR system.
The exam is conducted in 16 Major Subject Groups at 87 cities across the country. On the basis of candidate’s All India Rank and availability of seats, ICAR awards Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)/Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) to 300 candidates provided they pursue Ph.D. degree from an AU. Other candidates will be eligible for admission to Ph.D. degree courses.
Let’s check out complete details related to the exam viz. eligibility conditions, exam pattern, syllabus, the application process, and more here in the article.
ICAR AICE JRF/SRF Exam 2019 – Quick Overview
|Exam Name||All India Competitive Examination for Admission to Doctoral Degree Program and Award of JRF/SRF (AICE- JRF/SRF) 2019|
|Exam Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Previous Exam Conducting Authority||Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)|
|Courses Covered||Doctoral programs|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for correct response and -1 for an incorrect answer. Negative marking applicable|
ICAR AICE JRF/SRF Exam 2019 – Important Dates
As per the official schedule, here are the important exam dates:
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Online application submission process||1st to 30th (up to 11:50 PM) April 2019|
|Last date to pay the application fee||1st May 2019|
|Online application correction process||7th to 14th May 2019|
|Admit card availability||5th June 2019 onwards|
|AICE JRF/SRF Exam 2019||1st July 2019|
|Display of answer key||To be announced by NTA|
|Result declaration||By 17th July 2019|
|Online counselling schedule||To be announced by ICAR|
ICAR AICE JRF/SRF Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
In order to appear for the AICE JRF/SRF exam, candidates must make sure that they meet the eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have completed a Master’s degree in one of the sub-subjects under the respective major subject. The list of major subjects and their respective sub-subjects is available in the official notification.
- Candidates must have passed graduation (4 or 5 years program) and a 2 years PG degree with thesis work from a recognised University for admission to a doctoral programme. “The candidates having passed with 3 years’ UG degree programme are not eligible for Ph.D. admission through AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS)-2019.”
The age will be calculated as on 1st July 2019 (the date of examination). Candidate should be of minimum 20 years of age on the specified date. No relaxation will be provided in the minimum age limit.
ICAR AICE JRF/SRF Exam 2019 Application Process
Candidates must fill up the application form only through the official website. The online application process will continue from 1st to 30th April 2019. Candidates are required to keep the following information ready before filling the application form:
- Any government ID such as Aadhaar number/ passport number/ ration card/ election card/ bank account number/ PAN number or any other valid ID.
- Mobile number, Email ID, and Address for communication
- Scanned image of Signature in JPG/JPEG format. Size must be between (4 KB to 30 KB)
- Scanned image of Photograph in JPG/JPEG format. Size must be between (10 KB to 200 KB)
- Bank account details for fee payment.
Steps to fill the application form
- Go to the official website – https://ntaicar.nic.in/.
- Click on ‘Fill Application Form for AICE – JRF/SRF (PGS) – 2019’ link on the home-page.
- Under the ‘New Candidate Registration’ section, click on the ‘Apply’ button.
- Read the instructions carefully, tick the check-box, and click on ‘Click here to Proceed’ button.
- Enter the details asked for and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- On successful registration, you will receive the log-in credentials in your registered email ID.
- Now, log-in using the credentials and complete the remaining application form.
- Upload scanned images of your photograph and signature.
- Make fee payment.
- After successful submission of the application fee, take a print of the confirmation page.
Candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s)/confirmation page to ICAR or NTA through Fax/Post or by hand.
- General/Unreserved/OBC/EWS/UPS – Rs. 1700/-
- SC/ST/PWD/Transgender – Rs. 850/-
Processing charges and GST (as applicable) are to be paid by the candidate. The application fee can be paid through online mode using Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking, and UPI in SBI, HDFC, ICICI or Syndicate bank. The fee can also be paid through offline mode through depositing cash via e-challan at SBI/Syndicate bank branches.
ICAR AICE JRF/SRF 2019 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The AICE JRF/SRF exam will be a computer-based test of 3 hours duration. Other details of the exam are:
Type of questions – Multiple Choice
Number of questions – 200 (180 questions as per the subject opted by the candidates and 20 questions on Reasoning Ability/General Knowledge)
Maximum Marks – 800 (4 marks per question)
Marking Scheme – 4 marks will be awarded for a correct response, 1 mark will be deducted for the incorrect response and 0 marks for un-attempted questions.
The medium of Paper – English
The syllabus for the exam is prescribed by the ICAR and the syllabus will comprise of topics from the major subject group and the sub-subject group. Candidates can download the syllabus for the AICE JRF/SRF exam from the official ICAR website.
ICAR AICE JRF/SRF Exam 2019 Admit Card
The AICE JRF/SRF e-admit cards will be uploaded at the official website. Candidates will be able to download the same w.e.f. 5th June 2019 onwards. No candidate will be allowed to appear for the examination without admit card. The venue, date, and timing of the exam are mentioned on the admit card.
In case candidates find any discrepancy in their admit card or are unable to access the same, they must inform the exam conducting authority between 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM from 5th to 30th June 2019 through the Help Line number – 7827980287/7827980288.
ICAR AICE JRF/SRF Exam 2019 Answer Key
NTA will upload the AICE JRF/SRF exam answer key on the official website. Candidates will be able to access the answer key using their log-in details. Candidates can also challenge the answer key on payment of Rs. 1000 per question. NTA will also release the recorded response of the candidates along with the provisional answer key.
After considering the candidates’ challenge, the final answer key will be released.
ICAR AICE JRF/SRF Exam 2019 Result
The result for the AICE JRF/SRF 2019 exam will be made available at the official website by 17th July 2019. The merit list will be prepared separately for every sub-subject under the Major subjects. As per the official notification, “No separate intimation about non-selection in AICE-JRF/SRF(PGS)-2019 Examination, nor marks obtained therein, will be sent to the candidate and no correspondence (Letter/ Fax/ e-mail etc.) in this regard will be entertained. ”
The counselling schedule will be released by the ICAR after result declaration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the last date for submitting the application for?
A: The last date for submitting the application form is 30th April 2019.
Q: What will be the application fee for a candidate belonging to ST category?
A: Candidates belonging to ST category are required to pay Rs. 850 as the application fee.
Q: When will be the AICE JRF/SRF Exam 2019 conducted?
A: The exam will be conducted on 1st July 2019.
Q: Is there any procedure of re-checking the answer sheet?
A: No, there is no procedure for rechecking.
Q: Will the counselling process be online?
A: Yes, the counselling process will be online.