The All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA) – UG is conducted for admission to Bachelor Degree courses in agriculture and allied sciences at Agricultural Universities. The exam was earlier conducted by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR); however, now the exam will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) from the year 2019 onwards.
Candidates interested in appearing for the exam scheduled on 1st July 2019 must make sure that they meet the eligibility conditions. Here are the details for the eligibility conditions.
AIEEA UG 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for ICAR AIEEA (UG) 2019 exam can be categorised as under:
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
Candidates should be Indian Nationals.
The minimum age limit should be 16 years as on 31st August 2019. There is no relaxation in the minimum age limit.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent level of education from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or from any other recognised board after 12 years of study.
- The minimum qualifying marks in the 10+2 examination should not be less than 50% (aggregate) for General, OBC (NCL), UPS, EWS categories and 40% (aggregate) for SC, ST, Transgender, PwD categories. The marks will not be rounded-off i.e. 49.99% will not be rounded-off as 50%. Candidates must have secured 50% in order to be eligible for the examination.
- Candidates with compartment/supplementary in any of the subjects will be considered eligible only if they submit the proof of clearing the compartment exam and secure the required minimum percentage.
- Candidates who have appeared for the qualifying exam and are waiting for the result can also apply for AIEEA UG exam. Such candidates have to submit the proof of their eligibility latest by the counselling session.
Qualification for Different Degree Programmes
Subjects to be studied at the 10+2 level exam for various degree programmes are:
|Code No.||Degree Programme for Admission||Subjects to be passed in 10+2 Exam||Subjects to be attempted in the Entrance Exam|
|01||B.Sc. (Hon.) Agriculture||PCB/PCMB/ PCM/Inter-Agriculture||PCB/PCM/PCA/ABC|
|02||B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture||PCB/PCMB/PCM/Inter-Agriculture||PCB/PCM/PCA/ABC|
|04||B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry||PCB/PCMB/ Inter-Agriculture||PCB/PCA/ABC|
|05||B.Sc. (Hons.) Community Science||PCB/ PCMB/ PCM||PCB/PCM|
|06||Food Nutrition and Dietetics||PCB/ PCMB/ PCM||PCB/PCM|
|07||B.Sc. (Hons.) Sericulture||PCB/ PCMB/ PCM||PCB/PCM|
|08||B.Tech. Agriculture Engineering||PCM/ PCMB||PCM|
|09||B.Tech. Dairy Technology||PCM/ PCMB||PCM|
|10||B.Tech. Food Technology||PCM/ PCMB||PCM|
|11||B.Tech. Bio-Technology||PCB/ PCMB/ PCM||PCM/PCB|
The documents/certificates for verifying eligibility will be checked at the time of admission. If the candidate is found ineligible any stage, his candidature will be cancelled. So, candidates must make sure that they meet the above-mentioned eligibility conditions.