The autonomous body NTA i.e. National Testing Agency conducting the JEE MAIN 2019 in January (6th to 20th) 2019 and April (6th to 20th) 2019 will be releasing the admit cards at their official website- nta.ac.in.
The application process of JEE MAIN 2019 (January session) will begin from 1st September 2018 and will end on 30th September 2018 and for April session, the application will be starting from 8th February to 7th March 2019. The candidates who will correctly and successfully fill their application by paying the requisite fee will easily become eligible to download their admit cards and sit for the examination.
The JEE Main 2019 admit card is essential as it will be carrying the important details of the candidate. The details will include personal information of candidate, roll number, examination centre timings and address. The candidates must carry their admit card before heading towards their examination centre as without it no candidate will be entertained by the officials and will be disqualified from the examination of JEE MAIN 2019.
The article below will give a detailed guide about the admit card release date, downloading procedure, important documents to be carried along with admit card and other relevant information regarding the examination.
JEE MAIN 2019 Admit Card Schedule (January session)
|Application process||1st September 2018|
|Admit card releasing date||17th December 2018|
|JEE MAIN 2019 exam||From 6th to 20th January 2019 (to be held in 8 slots and only one slot can be selected)|
JEE MAIN 2019 Admit Card Schedule (April Session)
|Application process||8th February 2019|
|Admit card release date||18th March 2019|
|JEE MAIN 2019 exam||From 6th to 20th April 2019 ( to be held in 8 slots and only one slot needs to be selected)|
Downloading Procedure of the JEE MAIN 2019 Admit Card/ Hall ticket/Call Letter
Candidates must look precisely at the mentioned below quick steps for downloading the official admit card of the JEE MAIN 2019 examination:
- Candidates first have to visit the official website of NTA at ac.in
- By visiting the website, the candidates need to click on the link of the admit card.
- The candidates are supposed to enter their application number along with the password and submit it.
- The admit card for JEE MAIN 2019 will be displayed and candidates have to check it thoroughly to make sure that the details are correct. In case any details are incorrect, candidates must report straight to the authority for the same.
- If all the details are correct, candidates must download the admit card and take a clear print of the same for examination.
Details to Check on the Admit Card / Call Letter of JEE MAIN 2019
The candidate should look for the correctness of the below mentioned details on their respective admit cards:
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Designated Application number
- Father’s Name
- Name of the course
- DOB (Date of birth)
- State of Eligibility
- Photograph of candidate
- PWD status
- Test centre name along with code
- Day, date and time of the examination
- Signature of candidate
Note – If the candidate finds any incorrect detail related to the above mentioned points in their admit cards, candidates have the full right to report the same to the concerned higher authorities because it can be more than just misprinting.
Check out here: NTA JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Required documents along with the Admit Card / Call Letter of JEE MAIN 2019
The candidates need to carry the below mentioned documents in their examination hall, as without them no candidate shall be allowed to sit for the examination.
- Clear print of JEE MAIN 2019 admit card/call letter/ hall ticket (to be downloaded from the official website 7-10 days prior to the examination)
- A copy of PWD certificate in case any student belongs to such category.
- A valid proof of identification, it can be any ID of college/school /passport/ driving license.
Items to Strictly Avoid During the Examination Process
The candidate must avoid the use of the below mentioned items during the course of their examination as it may lead to cancellation of their examination and further consequences:
- Electronic devices like mobile phones, calculator, pager and other items.
- Log tables, textbooks, any reference or support material, notes, cheat sheets or any sort of text material related to the exam syllabus is strictly prohibited inside the examination hall.
Role Of Admit Card After the JEE MAIN 2019 Exam
The candidates after the examination must keep the admit card/call letter safely with themselves as it is required at the time of further counselling session. However, candidates also need to possess other documents to support their eligibility for the JEE MAIN 2019 exam, as admit card alone will not be sufficient to convince the authority. It is a must for candidates to carry all relevant documents during the counselling process to stand eligible at all grounds.
What to do if the candidates lose their application number and the password?
In the nervousness and tension of examination, it might happen that candidates may lose the account of their application number or password (with which admit card is downloaded), but candidates need not to worry as there is a short method to recover the same by following the below mentioned steps:
- Candidates first have to open the admit card page and have to select the “I can’t access my account” option.
- There will be two options as – I forgot my password and I forgot my application number, the candidates have to make a selection and click on continue button.
- Again the candidates will be served with 3 options to retrieve their application number or password as follow:
- Via security question asked during the registration process
- Via OTP with the registered mobile number
- Via E-mail id
The candidates have to select their preferred choice from the above and once selected; the candidates will be redirected to another page where they have to fill details like candidate’s name, Mother’s / Father’s name, DOB, State of eligibility and security pin and by doing so they will retrieve the lost application no. and password easily.
Instructions to Be Particular about During the JEE MAIN 2019 Examination
The candidate should keep in mind the below mentioned details and information regarding JEE MAIN 2019 examination: down below are the few details and information that candidates must keep in their head for the JEE MAIN 2019 examination.
- It is advisable for the candidate to reach their examination hall at the timing mentioned in the admit card as once the examination starts, the candidates will not be allowed to leave or enter the hall.
- The examination centre will provide the rough paper along with a pen to carry out the extra calculations. Once the exam is completed, the candidates are bound to hand over the rough sheet to their invigilator instead of leaving or littering it near the desk area.
- Any candidate’s presence will be counted in the examination hall only if they have marked their attendance on the circulated attendance sheet. Thus, the candidate must make sure to sign their attendance sheet as by not doing so, the candidate will be marked as absent in the final result.
- The candidate must carry the clear print of the admit card and keep it near the desk area and must produce it whenever the invigilator asks to do so.
- Any gadget or any sort of electronic means is not permissible inside the exam hall and if by mistake any candidate enters the exam hall with any device then it is advisable for them to hand it over to the invigilator.
If any candidate is diabetic, they are allowed to carry their water bottle, fruits and sugar tablets along with them.