The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the JEE Main 2019 answer key on 14th January at the official website. The exam conducting authority has also uploaded the question paper and response sheet on the official website. The facility to challenge the answer key is also available on the JEE Main website. The article will cover all these exam events in details.
The JEE Main 2019 exam (January session) was conducted from 8th to 12th January 2019. NTA will be conducting the exam in two sessions. The second session of the exam is scheduled to be conducted in the month of April 2019 from 6th to 20th April. The application process for the same will start on 8th February 2019.
JEE Main 2019 Answer Key – Procedure to Download
- Go to the official website of JEE Main – https://jeemain.nic.in/.
- Click on the ‘View Answer Key and Question Paper’ button.
- Enter the required details to log-in. The answer key will appear on the screen.
- Download the answer key.
Procedure to Challenge the JEE Main 2019 Answer Key
NTA has also provided the facility to challenge the answer key on payment of Rs. 1000 (one thousand). Follow the steps provided below to challenge the answer key:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on ‘Challenge Answer Key’ button.
- Select any one of the options and enter the details asked for log-in.
- Click on the option to challenge the answer key.
- The answer key for both the papers will appear on the screen.
- Click on the option you think is the correct answer. Click on all the questions you want to raise objection against.
- Save your claims and pay the fee.
The fee to challenge the answer key is to be paid through the debit/credit card. If the authority finds the challenge to be correct, the fee will be refunded to the same account through which the fee payment is made.
Check out the detailed procedure to challenge the answer key.
The link to challenge the answer key will remain active from 15th January to 17th January 2019 (up to 11:50 PM). No challenge will be accepted after the last date of submission. Question paper and candidates’ response sheets will make the answer key challenge process easy.
JEE Main 2019 – Question Paper and Response Sheet
Question papers and candidates’ response sheets are uploaded on the official website before the release of answer key. Candidates can access their respective question papers and response sheets through their log-in credentials.
JEE Main 2019 Question Paper and Response Sheet – Steps to Download
- Visit the official website of JEE Main – https://jeemain.nic.in/.
- Click on ‘Display Question Papers and Responses’ button.
- Select from the two log-in options.
- Enter the details asked for to log-in.
- Download the question papers and scan images of your response sheets.
- Save your question paper and response sheets for future references.
The facility to access the question paper and response sheets will also remain available till 17th January 2019.
JEE Main Final Answer Key
The first answer key released by the exam-conducting authority is the provisional answer key. The final key is released after considering the challenges submitted against the provisional answer key.
JEE Main 2019 January Session Result
The JEE Main result for the January session exam will be declared by 31st January 2019. The final result for the JEE Main exam will be released after the April session exam. The final result/merit list is prepared on the basis of the final answer key.
Candidates who qualify the JEE Main exam become eligible for appearing in the JEE Advanced exam conducted for admission to undergraduate engineering courses offered by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
Upcoming Events – JEE Main 2019 April Session Schedule
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Online application process||8th February to 7th March 2019|
|Last date of application fee payment||8th March 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Exam||6th to 20th April 2019|
|Result Declaration||By 30th April 2019|
The best of both the scores (January and April session) will be considered for final merit list preparation. Keep a check on the official website for exam updates.