The NTA JEE MAIN 2019 preparation has already begun ever since the exam dates have been announced. The exam will be held twice in a year. The first edition will be held from 8th to 12th January 2019, while the second edition will be taken place from 6th to 20th Apr 2019. The tension amongst the students has increased as the registration date is getting closer (from 1st to 30th September 2018 for the January 2019 session).
To begin any race, the key to reach the goal is to get familiar with all the major aspects of it. If we talk about the race of JEE Main 2019 exam, then it is a must for every aspiring candidate to get well-versed with the latest pattern, syllabus and the number of questions to be asked along with the marking scheme issued by the officials of the National Testing Agency.
For cracking any examination, it is must to have a deep understanding of the precise syllabus. The candidates must be in the search to find the prescribed syllabus by NTA for the JEE MAIN 2019. The article down below will give a detailed guide towards the exam syllabus, pattern and the marking scheme that candidates must expect or keep in their mind to excel in their career pursuits.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
The candidates must be aware that there are going to be two papers in each session as paper 1 and paper 2. The paper 1 is for those candidates, who are dreaming to pursue B.E or B.Tech and paper 2 will be for those candidates, who wish to seek admission under B.Arch or B.Planning.
|Click here JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern|
JEE MAIN 2019 Paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech) Pattern
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Note – The Paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech) will be of 3 hours i.e. 180 minutes. It will be held in the online mode only. The examination is going to be objective-type. The students will be awarded 4 marks for every correct selection and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong selection and no marks will be deducted, if the question is left unanswered.
JEE Main 2019 Paper 2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning) Pattern
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Note – The JEE Main 2019Paper 2 (B.Arch / B.planning) will be of 3 hours i.e. 180 minutes and will be conducted in the Offline Mode. For every correct selection, the students will get 4 marks and for every wrong choice, 1 mark will be deducted. However, the drawing exam will carry the assigned marks mentioned.
JEE MAIN 2019 Syllabus
The JEE MAIN 2019 will cover the syllabus majorly from the 11th and 12th Standards of CBSE. The JEE MAIN 2019 paper 1 will have topics from the subjects – Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
The JEE MAIN 2019 paper 2 (B.Arch/B.planning) will be covering the subjects –Aptitude test, Mathematics and Drawing.
NTA JEE MAIN 2019 Detailed Syllabus of Paper 1
The candidates who seek the detailed topics from each subject of paper 1(B.Tech/B.E) can look below and prepare accordingly for the upcoming JEE MAIN 2019.
The candidates are expected to have a deep understanding and practice of the topics – Sets,Relations & Functions, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Trigonometry, Statistics and Probability, Coordinate Geometry, Vector Algebra, Three Dimensional Geometry, Binomial Theorem and its Simple Applications, Differential Equations, Integral Calculus, Limit,Continuity and Differentiability, Sequencers and Series, Permutation and Combination, Mathematical Induction, Mathematical Reasoning, Matrices and Determinants.
Kinetic Theory of Gases, Properties of Solids and Liquids, Work, Energy and Power, Gravitation, Kinematics, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Current Electricity, Optics, Oscillations and Waves, Electronic Devices, Rotational Motion, Laws of Motion, Thermodynamics, Physics and Measurement.
Inorganic Chemistry – Environmental chemistry, Hydrogen, Block Elements group 13 to group 18 elements, Block Elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), D and F Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Classifications of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals.
Organic Chemistry – Purification and Characterisation of Organic Compounds, Organic Compounds containing Halogens, Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen, Organic Compounds containing Oxygen, Chemistry in Everyday Life, Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Polymers, Biomolecules, Principles Related to Practical Chemistry.
Physical Chemistry – Basic Concepts ofChemistry, Chemical Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Atomic Structure, Chemical Kinetics, States of Matter, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Solution, Surface Chemistry, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry.
JEE MAIN 2019 Detailed Syllabus of Paper 2
Followings are the topics that students need to study if they wish to sit for Paper 2 (B.Arch/ B.Planning) of the upcoming JEE MAIN 2019.
Part – I
- Analytical reasoning mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal).
- Visualizing, Awareness of person, places, buildings and materials.
- Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings.
Part – II
- Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects.
- Building forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast.
- Transformation of forms of both 2D and 3D union, subtraction, rotation.
- Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms.
Preparation Tips for JEE Main 2019
Below are a few quick tips to use the syllabus of the JEE Main 2019 exam for paper 1 and paper 2 thoroughly:
- Students first need to get an idea of the above-mentioned prescribed syllabus in detail and work on a constructive timetable or schedule and must give or allot specific time for each subject.
- The candidates must try to cover as many sample papers or mock tests as possible. This will help them get an idea about the exam and will also help in the proper time management.
- Candidates must try to refer to good resources/reference books to make their practice effective and to the point. There are several books that are specifically made for the examination and are covered with the latest syllabus of the examination.
- Students should try to complete each subject one by one instead of taking all at once, as it will only lead to confusion. The key is to go with the interesting subjects first. This way, the candidates will not feel burdened or pressured at all.
- Students need to be well-versed with the basic calculations.
- If there are certain subjects or formulas that seem to be difficult or hard to recall, they must try to make small handwritten cards or notes for those difficult topics or formulas. This will help them in preparing for difficult topics without going through the whole chapter again.
- Candidates must try to keep their practice based on “understanding of concepts” rather than “rote learning”.
- Apart from focusing on the syllabus and its preparation, candidates must try to give importance to sound sleep and food as well. Along with sound sleep and healthy food, the candidates should always try to keep faith and positivity in themselves.
Note- Students during the JEE Main 2019 exam must carry their geometry box or requisite stationery, clear print of admit card (to be downloaded 7- 10 days prior to examination) and a legal proof of identification (Adhaar card/ Driving License / PAN card/ Passport) along with a recent passport size photograph. Students not carrying the admit cards to the examination venue will not get an entry to the exam hall. To avoid any uncertainty, the candidates must try to keep a hard copy of the admit card before reaching their respective examination centres.