As per the latest updates, the National Testing Agency has extended the last date for NEET 2019 registration. This has been done to comply with the Supreme Court’s order of extending the registration date as the court has removed the upper age limit for the exam. To make sure that the candidates above 25 years of age can apply for the exam, the SC has asked NTA to extend the registration period by a week.
The National Testing Agency has started the NEET 2019 application process on 1st November 2018 and it was scheduled to end on 30th November. However, now it will continue till 7th December 2018.
NEET 2019 Overview
|Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Exam conducting authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Occurrence||Once a year|
|Application submission mode||Online|
|Exam mode||Pen-and-Paper Based|
|Exam Date||5th May 2019|
|Negative Marking||Yes. 1 marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer|
|Helpline Number||8076535482, 7703859909|
Till 2018, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) was the exam-conducting body for the NEET exam. From 2019 onwards, NTA will conduct the test, declare the results and provide All India Rank (AIR) to the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India to conduct the counselling for fifteen per cent (15%) AIQ (All-India-Quota) Seats.
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a national-level entrance examination organised to offer admission to MBBS and BDS programmes in various medical and dental colleges in India running with the approval of MCI/DCI (Medical Council of India/ Dental Council of India). Every year, more than 12 lakh aspirants take the NEET exam.
The official notice states that NEET will be conducted in pen-and-paper mode only in a single session. Initially, the Human Resource Development Minister, Prakash Javadekar announced via a press conference that the entrance exam will be held in the online mode. However, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has requested to maintain the previous year’s pattern. Thus, the exam will be conducted as per last year’s pattern.
NTA NEET 2019 Important Dates
The exam will be conducted once a year through pen-and-paper based mode. Candidates can check the official schedule for NEET 2019 here:
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Online application form availability||01-November-2018|
|Last date to submit the application form||30-November-2018 07-December-2018 (extended)|
|Last date for payment of application fee||January 2019 (Tentative)|
|Availability of admit card||15-April-2019|
|Exam to be commenced||05th-May-2019|
|A release of answer key and OMR sheet||After the exam is over (within a week)|
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
The NEET exam pattern will remain the same as per the last year. The HRD Ministry has initially decided to keep the exam online and conduct it twice a year. However, at the request of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the HRD Ministry has given its approval for keeping the exam pattern unchanged. There will be 180 questions which are to be answered within the time period of 3 hours. All the questions will be objective-type.
- Mode of Exam: Pen-and-Paper based (offline)
- Question Type: Objective (MCQs)
- Number of Questions: 180 Questions (Physics – 45 questions, Chemistry – 45 questions, Botany – 45 questions and Zoology – 45 questions)
- Duration: 180 minutes
- Language: English, Hindi, Odia, Bengali, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Gujarati, Assamese, Marathi and Urdu.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks for each correct answer
- Negative Marking Scheme: 1 mark deduction for each wrong answer
NEET 2019 Syllabus
Students will find topics from Physics, Biology (Zoology and Botany) and Chemistry subjects in the NTA NEET 2019 syllabus. Want to have a quick look? Here you go!
|Physical world and measurement||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Diversity in Living World|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Equilibrium||Structural Organization in Animals and Plants|
|Electromagnetic Waves||Solid State||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Laws of Motion||Surface Chemistry||Reproduction|
|The behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electrochemistry||Cell Structure and Function|
|A motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Genetics and Evolution|
|Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism||Hydrogen||Plant Physiology|
|Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation||Hydrocarbons||Human Physiology|
|Electrostatics||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Ecology and Environment|
|Electronic Devices, etc.||Coordination Compounds||Biotechnology and Its Applications, etc.|
|Phenols and Ethers|
|Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc.|
NTA NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to keep a track of the following three important NTA NEET 2019 eligibility criteria. They are –
- Nationality: Indian nationals, NRIs, overseas citizens of India, PIOs (persons of Indian origin) and foreign nationals. Moreover, those who belong to the state of Jammu & Kashmir are eligible for 15% All India Quota. Such students need to provide the domicile certificate of J&K.
- Educational Qualification: 10+2 certificate or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects (compulsory). General candidates must have secured 50% marks, SC/ST category students must possess 40% marks and Persons with Disability need to show 45% marks. (If an applicant is taking the Class 12th exam, he is eligible to take the test)
- Age: The minimum age for NEET is 17 years. The upper age limit for the exam has been removed. Now, the candidates above 25 years of age can also apply for the exam. Here is the revised age limit for the exam:
|Category||Revised Age Limit|
|General||born on or before 31st December 2002|
NTA NEET 2019 Application Process
The NEET 2019 application forms are available on the official website from 1st November 2018. Interested candidates can fill the application forms online. NTA will not accept any application through the offline mode. To fill the form, visit the official website of the National Testing Agency (http://ntaneet.nic.in/) and follow the steps provided below to complete the process:
- Click on the ‘Fill Application Form’ button on the home-page.
- Read the instructions and tick the check-box.
- Click on ‘PROCEED TO APPLY ONLINE NEET (UG) – 2019’ button.
- Enter the details and complete the registration process.
- Application number will appear on the screen.
- Click on ‘Click here to Login’ link.
- Enter the application number and password to log-in.
- Now complete the details and check all the details before hitting the ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ button.
- Now, click on ‘Upload Scanned Photo’ button and upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Once the upload is complete, you are required to make fee payment.
- After successful payment of the fee, take a printout of the Confirmation Page.
- Unreserved/OBC – Rs. 1400/-
- SC/ST/PWD/Transgender – Rs. 750/-
Bank/Processing charges will be paid by the candidates.
NEET 2019 Admit Card
NTA will release the admit card for the NEET 2019 exam on 15th April 2019. Candidates can download the admit card from nta.ac.in. In case of any discrepancy, inform the exam-conducting authority.
Follow the steps to download NEET 2019 hall ticket –
- Visit the official website of NTA at nta.ac.in.
- Search for the NEET 2019 admit card link and click it.
- Provide your ‘Registration Number’ ‘DOB’ and ‘Security PIN’. Submit
- The admit card will be displayed.
- Download the same and take a print.
Admit card is a mandatory document; do carry it to the examination hall.
NEET 2019 Result & Counselling
NTA is entrusted with the responsibility of declaring the NEET 2019 result. It will announce the result at its official website on 5th June 2019. Soon after the declaration of result, the counselling process will begin which will be conducted by the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India for the 15% AIQ seats. After that, the vacant seats will be transferred to the respective state authorities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q 1: What is the date of NEET 2019 exam?
A: NEET 2019 exam is scheduled to be conducted on 5th May 2019 (Sunday). The exam will be conducted by the National Testing Agency.
Q 2: What will be the mode of the examination?
A: The examination will be conducted through Pen-and-Paper mode.
Q 3: Can OCIs appear for the NEET exam?
A: Yes, OCIs (Overseas Citizens of India) are eligible to appear for the exam if they meet the other eligibility criteria.
Q 4: What is the upper age limit for NEET exam?
A: The upper age limit for the NEET exam has been removed for the 2019 exam. The revised age limit is candidates must be born on or before 31st December 2002.
Q 5: I want to take admission in AIIMS? Will NEET score be considered for admission?
A: No, admission to AIIMS will not be done on the basis of NEET score. AIIMS conducts AIIMS MBBS entrance exam for admission to undergraduate medical courses.