Students who wish to seek admission under their dream colleges in various medical, dental and AYUSH courses for graduation are required to sit for the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) 2019 exam. But before that, they need to perform a deep check on the eligibility norms for the examination. As without meeting to those conditions, no candidate can sit for the NEET 2019 exam.
If you are planning to sit for the upcoming NEET 2019 exam for bright career exposure in the medical field, then read this article with full attention and know about the required age, education and many other factors for the exam.
Changes in NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
These are the following changes that will take place from next year.
- The students who have Biology as an additional subject were earlier not allowed to sit for the exam. Next year, this case might change.
- Earlier NIOS students were not allowed to sit for the examination, from 2019 such students can sit for the exam as well.
NEET 2019 Quick Eligibility Schedule
Refer to the following table for a quick overview of the NEET exam 2019 eligibility criteria.
|Educational Qualification for NEET exam 2019||Passed 12th standard with subjects –
· English Language
from recognized board/institution.
|Age Limit for NEET 2019||17 to 25 (30 for SC/ST/OBC/PH) years.|
|Maximum attempts for an exam||No limit|
|Nationality||Indian nationals, PIO’s, OCIs, NRIs, and foreign nationals.|
|Qualifying marks in class 12th||General – 50%
PWD – 45%
SC/ST/OBC – 40%
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Refer to the following educational and age requirements for the NEET exam 2019.
- Students must have completed their 12th standard from a recognized board/institute/school. Those who will appear for class 12th in 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- In class 12th, students must have studied the subjects- Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, Mathematics, and English along with an elective subject.
- Students must have passed in all the subjects individually. And total marks should not be less than 50%, 45% for PWD students, and 40% for SC/ST and OBC candidates.
The following tabulation will explain the age limit for the NEET 2019 exam. Students who are planning to sit for the exam must refer to the following norms.
|General category||Must have born on or before 1st January 2003 and should have an upper age of 25 years as on exam day.|
|SC/ST/OBC/PH||Must have born on or before 1st January 2003 and should have an upper age of 30 years a son exam day.|
Students with the following nationality/origin can sit for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test 2019.
- Indian Nationalists
- NRI-Non-Resident Indian
- OCI-Overseas citizen of India
- PIO- Persons with Indian Origin
- Foreign Nationals
Note – All Indian citizen need to produce Adhaar card during the registration process, whereas, the OCIs, PIOs, and foreign nationals need to produce their passport card number during the application submission.
NEET 2019 Exam- Number of Attempts
The students can apply until their upper age limit. Earlier the number of the attempt was 3 times but MCI has removed such restriction 2 years ago.
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria- Notable Instructions
- Students need to fulfil all the provided eligibility criteria before rolling in for the NEET 2019 exam. If students only comply with one norm and not other norms, such students shall not be eligible to sit for the examination.
- If students are ineligible but still they fill in the application with wrongful details, the candidature of such students will be cancelled.
- Students must check and fill in the correct exam code of the subjects/ sections in the application form.