Students who wish to seek admission in their dream colleges in various medical, dental and AYUSH courses for graduation are required to sit for the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) 2020 exam. But before that, they need to perform a check on the eligibility norms for the examination. As without meeting to those conditions, no candidate can sit for the NEET 2020 exam.
If you are planning to sit for the upcoming NEET 2020 exam for bright career exposure in the medical field, then read this article with full attention and know about the required age, education and many other factors for the exam.
Changes in NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
As per the Public Notice released by NTA on 2nd December; “Section 14 of the National Medical Commission Act, 2019 provides for holding of a common and uniform National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to the undergraduate medical courses in all medical institutions including those governed under any other law. Thus, the admission to MBBS course in AIIMS, New Delhi, JIPMER and all AIIMS like institutions will also be made through NEET.”
Till the year 2019, AIIMS and JIPMER used to conduct their own medical entrance examinations.
NEET 2020 Quick Eligibility Schedule
Refer to the following table for a quick overview of the NEET exam 2020 eligibility criteria.
|Educational Qualification for NEET exam 2020||Passed 12th standard with subjects –
· English Language
from recognized board/institution.
|Age Limit for NEET 2020||17 to 25 (30 for SC/ST/OBC/PH) years.|
|Maximum attempts for an exam||No limit|
|Nationality||Indian nationals, PIO’s, OCIs, NRIs, and foreign nationals.|
|Qualifying marks in class 12th||General – 50%
PWD – 45%
SC/ST/OBC – 40%
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Refer to the following educational and age requirements for the NEET exam 2020.
- Students must have completed their 12th standard from a recognized board/ institute/ school. Those who will appear for class 12th in 2020 are also eligible to apply.
- In class 12th, students must have studied subjects- Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, Mathematics, and English along with an elective subject.
- Students must have passed in all the subjects individually. And total marks should not be less than 50% for General, 45% for PWD students, and 40% for SC/ST and OBC candidates.
- There are different codes for education eligibility. Candidates must check out the official notification and mention the best-suited code in the application form.
The following tabulation will explain the age limit for the NEET 2020 exam. Students who are planning to sit for the exam must refer to the following norms.
|General category||Must have born on or before 31st December 2003|
Students with the following nationality/origin can sit for the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test 2020:
- Indian Nationals
- NRI-Non-Resident Indian
- OCI-Overseas citizen of India
- PIO- Persons with Indian Origin
- Foreign Nationals
Note – All Indian citizen need to produce Adhaar card during the registration process, whereas, the OCIs, PIOs, and foreign nationals need to produce their passport card number during the application submission.
NEET 2020 Exam- Number of Attempts
The students can apply until their upper age limit. Earlier the number of the attempts were 3 times but MCI has removed such restriction 2 years ago.
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria- Notable Instructions
- Students need to fulfil all the provided eligibility criteria before rolling in for the NEET 2020 exam. If students only comply with one norm and not other norms, such students shall not be eligible to sit for the examination.
- If students are ineligible but still they fill in the application with wrongful details, the candidature of such students will be cancelled.
- Students must check and fill in the correct exam code of the subjects/ sections in the application form.