The Information Bulletin of UGC-NET says, “To avoid any kind of inconvenience or last-minute rush or unforeseen difficulties, candidates are advised to submit Online Application Form without waiting for the last date. NTA will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature in submission of online application during the last days.”
The National Testing Agency has announced the exam and application dates for the UGC National Eligibility Test 2019 December session on 21st August 2019. Candidates willing to appear in the UGC-NET 2019 December exam for JRF and Assistant Professor can fill in the online application form starting from 9th September. The last date to submit the form is 9th October 2019.
The applications will only be submitted online and the aspirants need to stay ready with the complete knowledge to fill in the applications timely and correctly. Below, we have furnished the complete information on the UGC-NET application process (December) 2019.
UGC-NET 2019 Registration Process – Complete Procedure
The application form for the UGC-NET December 2019 exam will release on 9th September. New applicants need to follow ‘5 Simple Steps to Apply Online’ –
- Step 1: Registration (Log-in)
- Step 2: Fill the Application Form
- Step 3: Upload Scanned Photograph & Signature
- Step 4: Pay the Examination Fee
- Step 5: Four Printouts of Confirmation Page
Step-1 Log-in (Registration)
- Visit the official website of NTA NET (ntanet.nic.in)
- Click on the link ‘Apply Online’ under UGC-NET Devember 2019
- The registration page requires certain information like candidate’s name/ father’s name/ mother’s name and DOB as given in the Secondary School Examination.
- Enter active mobile number and valid e-mail address
- Note down the system-generated Application Number
Note: Only one mobile number and one e-mail ID are valid for one application
Step-2 Fill the Application Form
Proceed with Step-2 of the application form and provide the following details.
- Complete postal address (mailing as well as permanent address) with the PIN code
- Choice of Examination Centres: Applicants need to choose any four cities of their choice. They will be intimated about the exam centre (exam venue) on the admit card
- Select NET Subject
- Choose subject at PG level
- Choose the PG course
- “Under no circumstances, the choice of cities for Centre and NET subject filled in the application form shall be changed by the NTA”, as per official notice
- “Other Backward Classes (OBC) – Non-Creamy Layer as per the central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), Government of India website (www.ncbc.nic.in). Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column”, as per official notice
Step-3 Upload Scanned Photograph & Signature
In this section, candidates have to upload the digital images of documents, such as the photograph and signature in the prescribed format, size and dimension.
Photo Specifications –
- The photograph should be recent (not more than 3 months old)
- It must carry ‘the name of the candidate along with the date of taking the photograph’
- Candidates should not wear goggles or cap while posing for the photo
- ‘Polaroid and computer-generated photos are not accepted’
- Fabricated or de-shaped photos will not be accepted
- The background should be white
Note: Applications submitted without a photograph (or photo uploaded in an improper manner) will be rejected. Applicants are advised to get 6 to 8 photos (passport size coloured photographs)
Signature Specifications –
- The signature should be in ‘running handwriting’ in the appropriate box as given in the online form
- It should not be in the Capital Letters
- The Information Brochure states, “The candidate should put his full signature on white paper with Black Ink pen and scan for uploading”
Specifications for the Scanned photograph and Signature
|Passport Size Image||10 KB to 200 KB in a JPEG/ JPG format|
|Scanned Copy of Signature||4 KB to 30 KB in a JPEG/ JPG format|
Step-4 Payment of Application Fee and Form Submission
After filling all the details correctly, move to the payment section and pay the application fee either via debit card, credit card, Paytm, or internet banking.
|Gen-EWS/ OBC-NCL (Other Backward Classes)||Rs 500/-|
|SC/ ST/ Transgender/ PwD||Rs 250/-|
Step-5 Printout of Confirmation Page
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Download it and take printouts of the confirmation page for future use
Booking Slots/ Shifts for UGC-NET December 2019
There is no provision for booking slots/ shifts for the UGC NET December session exam. The exam conducting authority will release the date-wise and subject-wise schedule for the exam. Candidates can check the same at the official website.
Important Dates of NET December 2019 Exam
|UGC-NET December 2019 Events||UGC-NET December 2019 Dates (Announced)|
|Online Application Form Submission Begins||9th September 2019|
|Last date for Applying Online||9th October 2019|
|Last Date for Fee Submission||10th October 2019|
|Correction in Application Form||18th to 25thOctober 2019|
|Issuance of Admit Card||10th November 2019|
|UGC NET Exam Date||2nd to 6th December 2019|
|Answer Key Release Date||December 2019|
|UGC NET Result Date||By 31th July 2019|
Candidates who will submit applications with correct details and pay the examination fee will be notified about the issuance of admit card on 10th November 2019.