The National Testing Agency had released the exam schedule of UGC-NET 2019 December session. The registration for the National Eligibility Test will start on 9th September 2019 and will continue till 9th October 2019. However, only eligible aspirants can visit the official website of NTA NET and fill in the online application form. Before moving ahead with the application process, you need to follow the UGC-NET eligibility criteria 2019 prescribed by the exam officials and check your eligibility.
NTA UGC-NET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants should hold Indian citizenship
Education Qualification –
- Must have completed a Master’s degree with –
- 55% marks for General Candidates
- 50% marks for SC/ST/OBC/PWD category
- The aspirants who are pursuing masters or are or in their final year of masters are also eligible to apply for the NET December 2019
- Aspirants with a PhD degree and have done their masters on or before 19th September 1991 will have 5% marks relaxation
- It is necessary for the aspirant to only apply for the subject, which they have studied during their Masters or Post Graduation. However, even if they haven’t studied the exact subject, they can go for the subject which is somewhat related.
Age limit –
- For Junior Research Fellowship, the aspirants shouldn’t be of more than 30 years of age
- For Assistant Professor, there is no upper age limit fixed by the Authority
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit –
The following upper age relaxations will be provided to the aspirants of unreserved categories and others.
|SC/ ST/ OBC/PwD/ Transgender/ Women||Age relaxation of 5 years|
|Experienced candidates with research work in a particular field||Age relaxation of 5 years|
|Candidates with LLM degree||Age relaxation of 3 years|
|Candidates who have served armed forces||Age relaxation of 5 years|
Exemption of Candidates for Assistant Professor
The following are the conditions for the candidates who are exempted from the NET 2019 Assistant Professor eligibility.
- The aspirants who have passed CSIR JRF or UGC earlier to 1989 are exempted
- The aspirants who have cleared SET prior to 1st December 2002 are also exempted
- The aspirants who have cleared SET after 1st December 2002 will be eligible for the Assistant Professor post but only in their applied state’s institutes.
The aspirants must meet the above-discussed eligibility in order to appear for the NET December 2019 exam.
UGC NET 2019 Overview
Before moving ahead with the exam, let’s just stop here and look for the complete overview of the National Eligibility Test 2019 here.
|Name of the exam||UGC NET|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Exam type||National Level|
|Exam paper language||English and Hindi|
|Questions type||Objective based/ MCQ based|
|Mode of the examination||Computer-Based Test (CBT)|
|Marking scheme||2 marks for every correct response and there is no negative marking|
UGC-NET 2019 Important Dates (December)
|UGC-NET June 2019 Events||UGC-NET June 2019 Dates (Announced)|
|Online Application Form Submission Begins||9th September 2019|
|Last date for Applying Online||9th October 2019|
|Last Date for Fee Submission||10th October 2019|
|Correction in Application Form||18th to 15th October 2019|
|Issuance of Admit Card||10th November 2019|
|UGC NET Exam Date||2nd to 6th December 2019|
|Answer Key Release Date||December 2019|
|UGC NET Result Date||By 31st December 2019|